1. If you have received a financial aid award, the College may defer the cost of your tuition and fees and deduct those costs from your financial aid. (Deferral means that your payment is due when your financial aid is received, rather than when classes start.)
  2. If you have been awarded more aid than you need for tuition, fees, and other College charges, the College will issue a book deferral. You may use this to purchase textbooks and supplies. Check your book deferral amount on .
  3. After tuition, fees, bookstore costs and other authorized charges are covered, any remaining financial aid will be disbursed to you, beginning approximately the sixth week of classes. You will need to cover your own expenses for the first five weeks of school.
    1. For a student loan to be disbursed, you must be registered for and attending at least six credits of classes.
    2. Payments will be disbursed based on classes you are attending and required for your degree.
    3. Aid for late-start classes will be disbursed after those classes begin.
    4. The amount of a Pell award is based on classes required for the degree as determined at the conclusion of the drop/add period.
    5. For TAP to be disbursed, you must be registered for and attending at least 12 credits of classes.
  4. Your award check will be mailed at the address on file. Contact the Registrar’s Office if you need to change or correct your address.
  5. Financial aid will be disbursed only if:
    1. You have accepted your award and confirmed your charges in , even if you have enough aid to cover your bill.
    2. You are in compliance with applicable state regulations regarding meningitis and measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) immunizations. Details are available from the Health Services Office.
    3. You have provided the Admissions Office with a final high school transcript or a copy of your GED.
    4. You have completed your online Entrance Counseling and Promissory Note for student loans. (For more information see .)



In order to receive financial aid funds, a student must be registered, in good academic standing, and attending classes. Any changes to the number of credit hours for which you are registered can impact financial aid eligibility for the semester and possible future semesters. Changes in registration may be student-initiated by a withdrawal or drop or can be instructor initiated due to lack of class attendance or by the Registrar’s Office, who reserves the right to cancel courses.

Students are responsible for maintaining themselves as registered students for financial aid purposes.

Only courses eligible to the student’s degree program are eligible for financial aid funds. Eligible students receive financial aid funds throughout the semester depending on the student’s enrolled/attending classes. The Student Accounts Office begins sending out refunds during the 6th week of classes. Students are expected to pay for their indirect educational related expenses with their own funds until refunds are distributed. Students eligible for a refund will be given bookstore credit two weeks before the start of the semester. Here are some specific disbursement conditions you should be aware of:


91 will pay a student’s financial aid funds based on their enrollment status per the census date listed below for each semester. The Census date refers to the point at which your enrolled credit hours are “frozen” for financial aid purposes. The census date does not apply to student loans. Below are the Census Dates by term for the 2023-2024 year.

Fall 2023 Spring 2024 Summer 2024
September 18, 2023 February 13, 2024 June 12, 2024


The amount of Pell Grant you receive will be based on your enrollment status as of the Census date. Credit hours added after the Census date cannot increase Pell Grant eligibility, so register early. If you add classes after the Census date, your Pell grant will not increase. Students who registered after this date for the first time have their enrollment status frozen at the time they first register for classes. Late start students also cannot add classes after their initial registration to increase their Pell Grant eligibility. Pell Grant funds will be paid out throughout the semester based on the students attending classes. Students will receive one-half of their Pell Grant eligibility in the fall and the other half in the spring. If all of your Pell Grant eligibility is used during the Fall and Spring, you will be able to receive a summer Pell Grant if you are registered for six credits or more.


Student loans do not pay out until the student has begun attendance in at least six credits. Student loans are paid out in two disbursements. Fall/Spring loans are paid out with one-half in the fall, one-half in spring, Spring Only loans will be paid out in two disbursements over the spring term, and Summer loans are always paid out in two disbursements over the course of the term.


NYS TAP awards will be based on your enrollment status as the Census Date. A student must be registered for 12 credits and be enrolled in one 15 week-long courses. TAP will not pay out until the student has begun attendance in at least 12 credits. Transitional students will need to register for one three-credit regular courses in their first semester and two 3 credit courses in their second semester.


Student workers are paid every two weeks based on hours worked. Student Employment cannot be used as a deferral on your bill.


Students will receive their funds based on their enrollment status, but in general, institutional funds are based: Fall/Spring awards are paid out one-half in the fall and one-half in the spring.